Monday, October 4, 2010

LFW 2010 - The Beginning

I am more than aware at how delayed my LFW report is… however, I reckon now that the fashion week buzz has died down and all the editors and fashionistas have trawled through Paris and Milan; it’s finally time for me to reflect back on fashions new hitlist! The new influential and upcoming designers shaping our future in fashion… and predicting what we will be wearing in years to come!

But first time to reflect on my 'carry-on' style. You see my arrival at LFW was somewhat last minute and unexpected as my LFW pass only arrived days before I was due to leave and I was working some ridiculous 14 hour days in the run-up to my departure... therefore I had very little time to put together outfits and was simply carrying on luggage! So my style was easy-chic and pretty much what I had worn on the plane the night before.

While scurrying across the Somerset cobblestones on my way to my first show I was approached by a camera and presenter from some fashion TV; the presenter was doing a vlog (video blog) on street style and asked me to describe my outfit and overall look. This is a question I get asked a lot in interviews and my answer is pretty much always the same.

So here I am day 3 of London Fashion Week (photo taken by the lovely Haruki Horikiwa at http://www.changefashion.net/) ; Jacket by Zara, leopard print Tshirt by Reiss, Belt by Reiss, Half-leather leggings by NeverMind (that’s the name of the label…not me being rude!), wedges by River Island and bag by Tescos…yes, Tescos! I had a bit of a cringey moment when I had to tell her it was only 9euro… but then I realised actually Supermarket Chic is the way forward and the presenter seemed mightily impressed that my gold faux snakeskin bag was literally as cheap as a MacDonalds extra large meal.

My rings are an assortment - Oasis, Awear and Vintage. I like that pile-em-all-on look... plus pretty handy in case anyone tried to rob me. My punch would be lethal!

As mentioned before my beloved wedges from River Island... Soooo comfy and so easy to wear with pretty much everything in my wardrobe! An investment piece for sure... although they are coming in a leopard print too... and I am more than tempted!

Okay that's enough about me... onto the shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment