Monday, October 4, 2010

Talent has no name...


There was one question I was frequently asked by editors and bloggers alike while at London Fashion Week ... "so WHO are you looking forward to seeing". But instead of listing a variety of heavy hitters such as Vivienne Westwood, Giles, Matthew Williamson etc etc, my answer was simple... the nobodys! Well, the nobodys yet!

What I love about London is it's thriving fashion talent and the opportunity to see a monoploy of unknown and up-and-coming designers is so much more exciting to me than the big names that I can see on style.com hours later anyway. I want to see the future of fashion - what we'll be wearing in years to come and where the next generation of fashionistas are taking us.

I will be reviewing some of my favourite new, up-and-coming and relatively unknown collections and designers I saw at LFW... I was lucky enough to see Masha Ma, Falguni and Peacock, Roksanda Illinic, Kinder Aggugini, Elliott J. Frieze, Fashion Mode, Ada Zanditon and Holly Fulton. I also spoke with some designers at the exhibition held inside Somerset house...a few amazing Jewellery designers in particular that I would like to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment